Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Levi: Age 3

I want to remember everything about Levi at this age - he is amazing!

 Levi is a very fun and outgoing, but sensitive little boy.  He likes to test the limits but he is generally a rule-follower.  He loves playing outside, sports, his cars, music/dancing and books. 

He spends much of his time being silly but he has many sweet moments, especially right before he falls asleep at night.  He loves to "snug" at night after his stories and talk about his day and ask questions about the world.  His questions have ranged from "where does God live?" to "why are spiders purple?"



He is a wonderful big brother and is always concerned about what Addison is up to and how she feels. He hugs and kisses her all the time and they love to laugh together.  He has a habit of stealing toys away from her but his conscience usually gets the better of him and he usually returns the toy to her when he sees how upset she gets. 

He has a great vocabulary, can articulate his thoughts very well and often uses very grown up words and phrases which we get a kick out of.  The other day he told Ryan "Thank you for being such a wonderful man, Daddy".  So true, but pretty funny out of the mouth of a 3-year old.  He also still says many words incorrectly, which I know I should correct, but he's just so cute.  My favorites are:
"Cwovers" = covers
"Soup" = suit  (he says "Bathing Soup" and "Soupcase")
"Cuvvy" = cubby
"Retend" = pretend
"Mac and Roni" = macaroni and cheese
"Chicks-away" = Chick-fil-a



He much prefers snacking to eating meals and would snack non-stop all day if we would let him.  He's a good eater when he decides to sit still.  He will eat a wide variety of foods but is very wary of anything new and dips everything in ketchup.

He started Early Preschool a couple of months ago and loves it.  He learns so much and gets so worn out that he actually takes naps at school.  He has made good friends and loves his teachers.





In the words of Levi:

Julia: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Levi: A mower (all by myself - I don't need Daddy's help to weedeat) and then I'll be a wakeboard man and then a baseball player and then a firefighter. 
J: You don't want to be a pilot? (I asked because this is his usual answer)
L: Oh yeah, maybe I'll do that before being a wakeboard man.  But definitely after being a mower. I need to cut the grass before I can fly the plane, just like daddy.

J: What is your favorite food?
L: Raspberries.  And maybe hot dogs, mac & roni, Thomas [the Train] fruit snacks and squeezy yogurt [Gogurt].  Is that enough?  I also sometimes like pudding. And bananas.

J: What is your favorite toy?
L: The green lemon.  Addison gave him to me for my birthday.  That was really nice of her. 
[the "green lemon" is one of the bad cars from the movie Cars 2]

J: What is your favorite tv show?
L: Peter Rabbit.  And Octonauts.

J: What is your favorite thing to do?
L: Wakeboarding
J: You've never been wakeboarding
L: Oh.  Then really I like to cut paper.  But only when I'm sitting down on my bottom and put my fingers in the scissors the right way.  Sometimes I make lots of money when I'm cutting paper.  It's kind of like my work.
J: What?
L: Can I be a paper-cutter when I grow up?
J: Sure
L: Ok. Maybe I'll do that

J:What's your favorite color?
L: Blue.  But don't forget about red, green, pink, yellow and brown.  They will be sad if they are not my favorite
J: I think they'll be ok
L: Then I pick green and Addison can pick yellow

J: Who are your friends?
L: Lauren and Drew.
J: Is Addison your friend?
L: No.  She's a baby and she doesn't know how to play baseball.  She can be my sister though.

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Word. Jason and I are laughing so hard right now at Levi's interview answers!! Love the wakeboarding answer! And the friends criteria to be able to play baseball sounds exactly like something Jaxon would say. I loved Jaxon at 3 also!! He was starting to formulate sentences and really tell us what was going on around him and his opinion about different things. This post made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read this aloud to Brian. We got a good laugh! I hear a little bit of you in him. What a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete